4 Mar 2015

Look Up Stories-My first pace in Law


May 2010, I passed my H.S.C. from one of the reputed government junior college which was basically famous for its Arts stream. After passing my H.S.C. exams I had two choices; one was for Mass Media (B.M.M.) and the second was Law (B.L.S. LL.B-5 Year Law course). I was extremely keen in B.M.M. rather than Law but my dad had a dream to see me as a judge and to reach at that destination first step was to enroll my name as a law student. I tried my best to to convince my dad a lot but he refused to aid me in any way if my choice would be B.M.M.

To be very honest I was without any choice and it became mandatory for me to take admission in law. After two days battle with my dad finally I moved ahead and gave my name for some reputed law colleges and fortunately to say I got selected for GLC (Government Law College, Mumbai) which is the tenth best law college in India.  At last after seeing my name in the merit list I took admission and started attending my law lectures in which I was not so keen.
Credit-shine4women.com


In few lectures, purposely I didn't pay attention as my desires and dreams were somewhere out of my law college’s building. After a month I set for my constitution lecture and when professor was explaining me about fundamental rights and duties that moment for the first time I took interest to know about it even more in great details. My second lecture was of Contract Act, which was also pretty interesting and I didn't even feel when I accepted law as my career and started doing good during my each semester. One day I was sitting on sofa and my dad asked me how I am finding law. My reply was normal and hesitated to tell him that his choice was perfectly suitable to my area of interest.

Till 4 year of my law I didn't tell my dad that I am really interested in law and I am really doing good at law examinations and moot courts and my dad also didn't feel to ask me. Finally I gave my 7th semester and I scored exceptionally great marks in some subjects and got an internship in some good law firm. As a stipend I was getting reasonably a good amount compared to my other classmates. I was also attentive during law court proceeding and gradually I learnt the technique of tackling the criminal cases with my senior advocates.

I was really enjoying my law life and I actually wanted to say thanks to my dad for choosing a correct career path for me. Simultaneously I said thanks to myself as well because my optimism made me to reach at my dad’s dream which gradually became my dream. I started my own practice; earned a great status in society and understood that this nation needs great lawyers to improve economic and judicial machinery of this country.


This post is part of contest Look Up Stories with Housing.com on IndiBlogger



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do comment if my words reach to your heart.. Alternatively you can provide suggestions too... You are most welcome!!